memejack: we have a new Chuck Norris - William Matheson's Journal
Aug. 2nd, 2009
09:03 pm - memejack: we have a new Chuck Norris
What's the trending topic on Twitter today?
Forest fires in BC? No, guess again.
Bombing attacks in spain? Nope.
Erin Andrews??? Well, you're getting warmer.
No, the trending topic right now is pro wrestler extraordinaire, Fozzy frontman, WWE Superstar Chris Jericho.
Tweets are in the Chuck Norris fashion, but they are better because Chris Jericho is just that awesome:
- Only Chris Jericho can talk about Fight Club.
- Chris Jericho once beat a mountain in a staring contest.
- Most people fear the Reaper. Chris Jericho considers him "a promising rookie."
- Iron Maiden's famous "Run to the Hills" was written while the band was being chased by Chris Jericho.
- Chris Jericho doesn't do push-ups, he does earth-downs.
- Chris Jericho doesn't open a can of whoop-ass. He makes his from scratch.
- The only reason Chris Jericho hasn't won the Stanley Cup is because it won't fit around his waist.
- Chris Jericho can kill two stones with one bird.
- Before going to bed, Bruce Campbell and Chuck Norris check their closets for Chris Jericho.
- Hulk Hogan wears Chris Jericho pyjamas.
- Jericho just pissed your pants.
- Rosa Parks refused to get out of her seat because she was saving it for Chris Jericho.
- The Beatles crossed Abbey Road to get to Chris Jericho.
- There were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Chris Jericho lives in Florida.
This is the first time I've seen something like this - is there a word for it? I'm going to dub it meme-jacking. So today there was a big memejack as Chris Jericho took over from Chuck Norris.
- Chris Jericho won the Indy 500 in 250.
- Chris Jericho benchpressed the four-minute mile.
- Chris Jericho is Luke's father.
- Chris Jericho is one of my favourite wrestlers and I'm glad that his trending on Twitter is just random & not 'cause he made bad headlines.